Saturday 11 April 2009

Role Play Inspiration

If you are bored and looking for some role play/fantasising stimulation, you may want to get hold of a copy of Wildthorn, by Jane Eagland. I picked up a copy at the airport last week, just in case I ran out of books when I was away, one of my greatest fears when travelling.
It's the tale of a young woman locked up in a Victorian asylum when she's not actually insane.
There's lots of potential in it for lovely fantasies or scenes, from the scenes set at home, with the parents who really could be stricter if you ask me, to the part where she is strapped down in isolation at the asylum. It's a veritable feast for the imagination!
If unfair and unjust is your thing, you'll love it.

Edited to add:
Bad Eliane! I forgot to add that there's some sweet girl on girl stuff as well! The possibilities just grow!

2 comments:

Abel1234 said...

OMG I clicked on the link and even the cover of the book could give me hours of pleasant dreams... Guess what I'm buying for holiday reading later in the month? :-) Thanks for the recommendation!

Alyx said...

Not sure I would see it in the light of fantasy-stimulating material, as I have friends with loved ones in asylums, and even now they are grim places. But the "edited to add: sweet girl on girl stuff" caught my eye *g*, and reading the reviews, it does sound like a very interesting book. I'm going to pick it up...thanks for the recommendation!