And now I have yet another amazing experience to mull over. A weekend finishing school, led by the esteemed Miss Darling and the wonderfully formidable Miss Hammond-Grant. I think I've probably developed a wee crush on these two lovely ladies, who alternated between scaring poor Jemima silly(ish) and taking every situation in their stride with a twinkle in their eyes.
Jemima will of course be having her say about Finishing School, but in the meantime, Eliane would like to say a thank you from the heart to Lucy and Amy for the most wonderful education a lady could have! I had a fantastic time, got the opportunity to meet several people that I've wanted to renew my acquaintance with, several that I've seen far too little of lately, and several that I was privileged to meet for the very first time.
Jemima may have been the one who was being finished (off?) but I took away some very useful lessons:
- To always count the steps before going down them (courtesy of a little incident in the kitchen on the first night)
- That I am, in fact, also allergic to raspberries as well as strawberries.
- That Mac make up is a wonderful thing.
- That mojitos are also wonderful. Especially now I know how to make them.
- That there are, surprisingly, people out there who are even more adept at keeping on digging
- when they find themselves in a hole than me. Which is impressive.
So, to the Tutors, the bachelors, and my fellow young ladies, you were all wonderful.