Saturday 17 October 2009

Something's Gotta Give

I love the first verse of the song "Something's Gotta Give" as sung by Frank Sinatra:

When an irresistible force such as you
Meets an old immovable object like me
You can bet just as sure as you live
Something's gotta give
Something's gotta give
Something's gotta give


To be honest I've not really ever paid attention to the rest of the lyrics, but I find these words absolutely delicious and I'd never really thought about why until the other day, when I realised that my interpretation is that she's met her match. "Something's Gotta Give" and its going to be her. It taps into to my desire to be dominated (once in a while). To have that immovable object put in front of me stopping me in my tracks and derailing me in the nicest possible way. To know that here is a boundary that I can't push or try and cross without there being trouble. There's no way I'd want to live my life like that, but just once in while? Yum!

1 comment:

Caroline Grey said...

Awww, good ol' Frank. We're big fans but somehow I'd never managed to put the (obvious, now that you point it out!) kinky spin on it!