Monday 18 May 2009

I think I have a problem

Um, I think I have a problem. I was just sorting through my underwear drawer, and decided to count up my knickers. I divided them into two piles, the "nice" ones, lacy, silky, cute, stripey, spotty, cheeky and all around fab, and then the boring ones. Black cotton, white cotton, thongs (because even though I hate them, once in a while a girl has an outfit she needs to wear a thong with). Then I counted the contents of the piles up. Nice knickers... 65! SIXTY FIVE!!!!
I could wear a different "nice" pair of knickers every day for over two months without having to wash any. That's insane.
Even more insane is that I have 33 pairs of boring ones. Which I barely ever wear. Why do I have so many?! I have no idea, but the fact is that I could go for over three months without doing the washing and still have a clean pair of knickers every day.
I think there might be something wrong with me.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

You can never have too many knickers...just think how long you'll be able to put handwashing the delicate ones off for! And the boring ones are good for the gym...and slightly see through clothes!

EmmaJane said...

There is nothing wrong with having lots and lots and lots of knickers!

And no matter how many pairs I have I still need more and more and more and more ;)

Graham said...

Oh man. I think you have about... oh, sixty more pairs of nice knickers than I have.

Hee. "Knickers."

Haron said...

Please tell me you can't fit them all in just one drawer. Because never mind knicker envy, I'm going to experience a serious case of drawer envy...

Caroline Grey said...

Surrender to the underpants!

Could be worse. Could be shoes!

Julie said...

I am in the progress of building my own knicker collection - not having too many nice ones and mostly boring ones at the moment, but that will hopefully soon change. Kudos to you. :p

Anonymous said...

Very easy solution - don't wear knickers, although I suppose that would just mean you'd have to fit one more pair in your drawers. Alternatively, wear drawers.

Master Retep

Eliane said...

Haron, they are not all in one drawer, but that's only because I chose to put the nice bras in with the nice knickers. They COULD all be in one drawer. Sorry!
Caroline: Just because I've not blogged about shoes (or clothes, or books!) don't assume I don't have exactly the same problems in those areas as well!!
Master Retep: Yup, if it weren't for the fact that there are always several pairs being worn/washed/dried, I probably would have more of a drawer issue! So I need to wear them!

Caroline Grey said...

Oh please, let's not talk about books and the storage and tripping-over and sleeping-with-19-in-the-bed and oh my god someone please buy me some bookcases....

Winchester said...

It's a girly think of course - but there are those to whom "boring" knickers are "not boring" - especially when worn under a gymslip or school skirt......

On the overall problem - just admit it - you are a hoarder. (But so am I - books and CDs etc..) I am just wondering whateverf I will do when I have to downsize!

Alyx said...

Hm, could've sworn I posted to this thread a couple of days ago but it disappeared! Anyway, I don't think the number of knicks you have means you have a problem (other than a storage one).

But I do think your lifestyle is, er...behind it. ;)