Sunday 15 November 2009

Trapped In The Primark Knicker Department

I've always avoided Primark up till now. For those of you in the US, Primark is a clothing retailer in Europe with a reputation for selling clothing at stupidly cheap prices. I tend to avoid going there because the shop floor generally looks as though someone has vomited the stock all over it.
However, today, in the quest for some last few bits and pieces for Lord Fawcett's House Party next weekend, I ended up in my local branch today. And somehow worked my way back to the knicker department. Which did indeed look as though someone had vomited knickers all over the place. But my, what knickers...! I'm a fan of specific types of knickers in particular. Ruffled ones I love, and slogan ones, with slogans on the bum.
In an unfortunate turn of events, I somehow got trapped in the knicker section, and the staff would not let me leave until I'd made some purchases.* Which is how, in a quest for hair clips, I actually walked out of the store with: black ruffle knickers with pink spots. Pink ruffle knickers, dark pink ruffle knickers with a tartan front, blue and white stripey ruffle knickers, knickers with two cartoon cows on the bum, and, best of all, three pairs of knickers with slogans on the bum: Show Off, Cheeky and Bad Girl. All for the grand total of £10.80. Or £1.35 a pair...
Oh my. I'm in knicker heaven. So I'm going to go off and sit and look at my new purchases now. And wonder quite where I'm going to put them.

*This particular piece of the story may be an exaggeration/excuse on my part, rather than, well, the truth!

8 comments:

catherine said...

Erm... you have all these knickers and you're still not sure where to put them? Oh my. I think remedial getting-dressed lessons are in order for Eliane... ;)

xxx

Indy said...

I'm so jealous! I just did a search for underwear or panties with slogans, and all the shops were in the UK. And I didn't even search for knickers!

Not that I need knickers to announce my cheekiness. I'll leave that to my more demure friends like Eliane.

No, no, I'm not choking...

Alyx said...

LOL! I think you're going to have to purchase a dresser SPECIFICALLY for underwear next...before you buy anymore knickers!

Master Retep said...

"...somehow worked my way back to the knicker department..." Who do you think your codding unless you don't know yourself as well as the rest of us do?

And as for not knowing where to put them; around your bottom love, up the legs (one at a time to avoid falling over) and around your bottom.

Scarlett De Winter said...

Bloody hell woman, you're already having to move house to find room for the existing collection. You're a bad, bad woman.

Rebecca said...

Primark knickers are awesomeness - and supercheap and cute. I am a huge fan of their cotton ones with a really wide lace band for everyday - pretty and comfy and so have them in lots of patterns - stripes, spots, leopard print...pretty!

Eliane said...

Aw, come on guys, I'm not that useless. I know what to *do* with knickers.

I would also like to state for the record that I'm not moving JUST to have more room for my knickers.

Caroline Grey said...

I once spent over 4 hours in one Primark with Lucy Mclean. I think we walked out with several dozen pairs of knickers between us.