Tuesday 6 July 2010

Running In The Family?

I've had various conversations over the past few weeks where people have talked about either the suspicions they've had that family members are kinky, or the absolute proof that they have of that fact. This is always a difficult question for me. On the one hand, I have to deny absolutely that there is any genetic element in my kink. Obviously there's not. That's just a very squicky idea, let's move on please, and fast.

Of course, on the other hand, I've heard enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that even if there is not a genetic element to kinkiness for me, there certainly seems to be for other people.

So, without further ado, a little poll. Also feel free to add comments if you have any thoughts on this subject.






Runs In The Family

Are you aware that anyone in your family is kinky?




Yes, I'm sure that someone in my family is kinky.
I have my suspicions that someone is.
Lalala, I'm not listening - stop talking about kink in relation to my family!





4 comments:

indy said...

This made me laugh because it made me realize that the evidence for my opposite stance is every bit as bad as your logic on this issue! I'm completely convinced that there's a genetic component, but I don't think anyone in my family is kinky. Or at least, I don't think they act on it if they are.

So your poll doesn't have a box for me to tick!;-)

Abel1234 said...

Presumably my wife classes as 'family', so I know for sure that one of my relations is definitely kinky!

Oh, you mean blood relatives! I answered "suspicions" purely because I don't have firm evidence (thank goodness). But I did pick up yet another book at my parents' house at the weekend which fell open at a page about corporal punishment...!

EmmaJane said...

I can only say suspicious too, but not sure I want to find the definitive truth about it ;-)

Master Retep said...

For a liberated kinky community, we sure have scratched the surface of taboo here, haven't we?