Wednesday 9 June 2010

A Plea For Understanding

Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to bring to your attention a distressing problem that someone you know may suffer from. A problem that blights the lives of its victims, who should be given sympathy and understanding. This terrible affliction causes agony, mental anguish and pain for those poor souls, and its name is this: Cheekiness.

People who suffer from Cheekiness are often unfairly penalised because of the misunderstanding surrounding this illness. But what the public at large often fail to grasp is that Cheekiness is not, as often assumed, a choice, or something that the sufferer can control. Rather it is a compulsion. When the urge to be cheeky threatens to strike, there is nothing the afflicted person can do to stop the inevitable utterances, even in the most unfortunate situations. To punish or discriminate against them in any way for this behaviour is wrong. They know not what they do.

Take this scenario: A poor young woman, over someone's knee, being spanked. Would any sane, healthy person choose that time to comment disparagingly on some quality in their spanker? For instance their singing voice? Of course not! This is the act of someone who cannot help themselves.

Punishing these poor people harder is merely counterproductive and unhelpful. Instead, compassion and understanding should be shown. So the next time you encounter a cheeky remark, maybe from someone over you lap commenting on your inability to count, think to yourself:

"Do I want to discriminate against the afflicted?"

You know the right answer, my friends.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear lady, you have truly opened my eyes! I too have been punished time and time again for what I have constantly been told is naughtiness when all this time it was the affliction of 'cheekiness' and as you so clearly showed, is something totally beyondy control!!! How wonderful it will be, the next time I am to be punished for what is not my fault at all, to be able to explain the curse of 'cheekiness' and no doubt be cuddled instead of spanked.
How can I ever thank you enough for showing me the light?
I am forever in your debt...
Sarah x

Sarah said...

Silly i-phone. I obviously meant to say "beyond my control" but actually "beyondy" is a pretty cool word... at least I think it is :-)

Anonymous said...

You have gone from smug one week to cheeky the next. Such behavior does not go unnoticed, and should not go unpunished. Hopefully you will find the right person to administer an unforgiving relentless "cheeky" to cure you of your cheekiness.

EmmaJane said...

OMG, I knew there was a name for it. We need to get registered as an offical charity with spcial ID cards and everything.

Thank you so much for bringing me out of the darkness dear Eliane ;-)

Indy said...

Thanks for euphemistically calling it a singing voice. Let the record reflect that while you *did* get spanked harder for that little comment, you were granted reprieve for claiming that cheekiness was a disability. That was too funny to punish.

Can't think why everyone and their sub wants to spank you. It's no fun at all! *WEG*

Master Retep said...

You are a founder of CA - Cheeks Anonymous. There again, maybe not...

Karl Friedrich Gauss said...

A likely story. Still, it's an entertaining one. You get an A for creative writing, Eliane! Or is it really non-fiction?

Kaelah said...

Eliane, thanks a lot for revealing that interesting scientific information! But, honestly, who could be so seriously ill that he / she would be making cheeky remarks on a top’s ability to count? ... Thinking about it – I do that all the time! And the last time I wasn’t even over Ludwig’s lap (we played trivial pursuit). ;-) Well, but I wasn’t spanked for it, so I guess that means that Ludwig already knew about the scientific background of "Cheekiness". It’s always good to have an intelligent, well-informed top... :-)

Indy said...

@kaelah: are you implying that I'm not a sensitive or well-informed top? Hmph! ;-)

Kaelah said...

@ Indy: Now, how do I get out of that? Could we perhaps agree on that you are of course sensitive and well-informed, but simply mean when it comes to Eliane?

Indy said...

@Kaelah: That sounds reasonable. After all, everyone is mean when it comes to Eliane. One might almost be forced to conclude that she asks for it. *WEG*

Kaelah said...

@ Indy: Hmm, I only met Eliane once so far, but to me she seemed to be very nice, innocent and sweet... Was my first impression wrong? Or is it just that special combination of you and Eliane? I think it’s time to meet the two of you together. That’ll give me the chance to see who is mean to whom and who is asking for what...

@ Eliane: What do you say?

Indy said...

@kaelah: we're both mean and we both ask for it, but only one of us spanks. *WEG*

For now, as Eliane reminds me...

Eliane said...

I'm glad you all appreciate the enlightenment I have brought to you.
@Kaeleh You got the right impression - I *am* sweet and innocent, Indy is merely being horrid to me. (And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a serious case of Cheekiness!)