Saturday 15 January 2011

Spanked Out Of A Strop?

I'm not all that good at being tired. Or ill. I'm one of these people who very quickly starts being affected by either. I have friends with young children who have got so used to disturbed nights and constant colds that they can go for days being really quite personable on a few hours sleep a night. I, on the other hand, need my eight hours. Well, seven at a push. And if I don't get them, I become moody, and stroppy, and not a nice person, very quickly indeed. It's the same with being ill. It doesn't take much to turn me into a bit of a grumpy cow.

I sometimes wonder how a top would handle this, if there was one around when I was in the middle of having a grump. Would it be best just to ignore me and let me get on with it? Possibly, but I also have a fantasy of having the grump spanked out of me. Of someone reaching tolerance point with me, dragging me over their lap and spanking hard, spanking me to tears so that all the grump and strop and mood was spanked right away. Thrashing it out of me. Teaching me that it's not OK to take it out on other people when I feel under the weather, that a few hours lost sleep or having a stuffed up nose does not give me an excuse to be rude and snappy.


In reality, I'm not so sure whether that would work. Fantasies are all well and good, but whether that sort of scene would work for me in real life, or whether my natural tendency towards insubordination and stubbornness would just make me too indignant with such treatment and actually make me worse, I don't know. But, as usual, I'd love to hear from others. When you're in that sort of frame of mind, would spanking help, or would it just make things worse?

2 comments:

Mr A said...

In the right circumstances, I think so. Spanking with a trusted play partner and a nice struggle can help release endorphins; it could also be a distraction from the causes of stress. When under the weather, play levels could be considerably less! I guess it depends on the buttons that play pushes for you, but not all play needs to hurt?

Em said...

It depends on how far south my mood has gone. If it's caught in time, a good hard spanking does help push me past whatever I'm holding onto and lighten me up.

At some point however, I cross over into an emotional minefield that I think a hard spanking would just make me dig in my heels because I feel too unbalanced to let down all the walls I'd need to for it to work. I think a very light gentle spanking that was meant to be more soothing would probably work. Or maybe just some tea, chocolates, and a massage? Yes, that sounds better.