Thursday 17 December 2009

Restraint

No, not mine. We all know I don't have any, especially when it comes to knickers. (For the record, I'm wearing ones with Animal from the Muppets on them today.)

No, the type of restraint I'm talking about is during spanking. I've mentioned ,probably a few times, that I've not played much with bondage/restraint during spanking, but that I would like to try it more (apart from my whole fear of things being too tight round my wrists...) I find the idea of being restrained during a spanking very hot, though also somewhat scary. The times I have been restrained have been purely for erotic spanking, not for anything harder.
Despite (or perhaps because of) my limited experience the idea of being tied down for a "proper" thrashing (caning/birching/whatever) is a fascinating one.
I have been wondering of late though, which idea is more hot. Is it the idea of being tied down and "forced" to take a punishment the more arousing, or is it in fact the idea of "willingly" submitting to the same punishment? Choosing to bend over, choosing to present oneself correctly, choosing to stay in position? I would have previously probably said that restraint is the hotter idea, but having discovered the joys of actually being submissive once in a while, I'm not sure that that's not now the hotter thought?

So what about you? To restrain or not to restrain - that is the question...

4 comments:

EmmaJane said...

I have this deabte too. Usually I don't like being restrained cos it;s a bigger mental challenge to have to force myself to take it and to stay still. I love being made to move out of position while trying so hard to hold on. I also suspect it's less painful not restrained as some energies go into holding the position so I can concentrate on the pain less.

That said it is something I am going to explore more in the future. Just worried that I'll freak out if my legs are tied. For some reason that really bothers me! But guess we'll see what happens and it's only something I'd do with a very trusted play partner.

Scarlett De Winter said...

Yeah... I like the self restraint element. I was told yesterday "Bend over, oh and you'll need something to hold onto." I nearly melted. Or cried.

Rebecca said...

I like being restrained, in a bizarre way it can make you feel quite little and also quite safe. There is also much fun to be had getting out when the Dom in question wanders off...

Anonymous said...

Not only do I prefer to be restrained (or should I say, for my girl to be restrained), but the most intense, hottest point in a spanking comes when she is taken just past the point where she could withstand the intensity WITHOUT being restrained. When that limit is pushed -- delicately as it must be -- it is the most beautiful moment between the two. Giving-up control is never so real.