Sunday 20 December 2009

There's Something About Canes

If you asked me what my top five implements were, canes wouldn't feature. In fact, I'd probably be able to do a top ten without featuring them.

And yet, there is nothing in this world that turns me on as much as being caned. I wish I knew why that was. For shear pleasure, I'd rather be on the receiving end of any number of things: straps, floggers, leather paddles, hands. But the thing that most pushes all the buttons in my head and arouses me like no other is the cane. As I said in a post a couple of weeks ago, just the thought of being caned is arousing. Even when I hate the pain I'm still aroused. And to be frank, I have no idea why. Why does this particular implement have such power over my psyche?

I wonder whether it is in part to do with my nationality. The cane is often perceived as a peculiarly English implement. While this isn't strictly true, its use was common in other countries as well, it was a staple of English school stories. And of course, English school stories were a staple of my fantasies as I was growing up. So maybe this is the root of my feelings about canes - years of reading stories where a caning was the ultimate sanction, to be feared, and the ultimate symbol of submission to someone else's will? Maybe if I had grown up in another culture, where a different implement took the place of canes, would that be the one that now had that power over my fantasies and desires?

6 comments:

Indy said...

Well, as I feel pretty much the same way about the cane, I don't think it's entirely cultural. There's something quite mesmerizing about canes-- the skill required to wield them accurately, that such an apparently delicate instrument can cause such pain.

As for arousal, it helps me to be a bit afraid of an implement. The cane is much more elegant than the other implements in that category.

Scarlett De Winter said...

I agree with Indy, I think it's a fear thing. I'm scared of the cane, it's not a "fun" implement, it really, really hurts. It's got a lot of assosiations as well: the fact that it's a very school-y implement, the fact that when you cane someone it tends to be with care and precision and take time, it's very ritualisitc. So yeah, it's a total turn on (but don't tell any of the tops..!)

Master Retep said...

I think you were right the first time - this is all Enid Blyton's fault.

And Scarlett, some of us tops can read too.

Paul said...

Eliane, yes many tops like using it very much as well.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

EmmaJane said...

Think it's more Roald Dahl's fault for me!

But yeah the ritual of the caning is so fear inducing. Having to hold position and be brave while it swishes behind you.

Trying to cope with the burn from one stroke and waiting for the next, terrified at how much it will hurt and then when it lands it's so much worse!

Yes Elaine there's certainly something about canes :)

Abel1234 said...

I remember giving an American friend her first paddling. Now, this is a lass who can take (indeed craves) *hard* whackings. But three with the paddle, not even especially hard? She was sobbing her eyes out, and begging me to stop.

So I suspect there's something in the theory that the implement that features most prominently in local r/l school scenarios growing up (even if one was never whacked with it) has a particular hold on one's psyche.