Thursday 5 February 2009

Cross Your Fingers!

Cross your fingers for me please... I'm going on holiday today. Well, I'm driving to the airport tonight and flying tomorrow. But the reason I need you to cross your fingers is that it has snowed AGAIN! And, being how we are rubbish with the snow in this country the roads I need to use to get to work have not been gritted. Well, I exaggerate, probably about a mile and a half will remain ungritted. A mile and a half of hilly roads. Nice. So I will be working from home, and hoping against hope that the four inches of snow here melts really quickly, so I can drive to the airport.
My reaching the airport will not be the end of your task though, oh no. Because even though the airport is clear of snow and operating well today, snow is forecast in that area tomorrow morning. Arghh!!!
So there are two outcomes here - either you won't see any postings from me for a week, in which case I've made it to sunnier climes OR there will be some seriously peed off postings, and you lot will be getting the blame for not crossing your fingers with enough conviction :-D

4 comments:

Irelynn said...

Lol, I shall be crossing my fingers continuously until tomorrow afternoon. I hope you make it to your holiday destination lovebug, you deserve some nice warm weather. I hope you have a lovely time!

Jean said...

Sending good thoughts your way that you will be able to go to sunnier places!

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you darling.

Well, not *now*, because I'm eating, typing, reading a book and writing my essay, so I have no fingers left to cross. But I'll cross them just as soon as they're free, I promise.

Winchester said...

Hoping then not to hear from you for a week! Seriously though, there are many people we need to keep in our thoughts while the awful effects of what in many parts of the world would be regarded as a minor "snow event" (whatever that means) persist. I just hope that yhour flight (and return flight) are accomplished safely. Which would annoy you most - noyt getting there at all, or so much snow while you are away that you can't get back?