Saturday 28 February 2009

Not In The Mood

Work is a little bit crazy at the moment. I'm working longer hours than I've worked in a while, and things are pretty intense. So when Tuesday evening came round, and it was time to meet up with a friend for some play, I seriously considered backing out. I was very, very tired, and I wasn't entirely sure I was in the mood for spanking fun. However, I also know that sometimes when I'm tired, ratty and stressed, a spanking, whether I'm in the mood for it or not, will help me let go of some of that tension and crappiness and put myself in a better frame of mind.

So off I went to meet up with said friend, and some spanking was had, but the thing I realised pretty much as soon as we started was that not only was I tired, ratty and stressed, but my tolerance was way down and I really wasn't in the mood to take very much at all. We played for a while, probably 15 minutes or so, and, if I remember rightly, he used his hand, a ruler, a strap of some sort and a flogger. Possibly not in that order! (Just as an aside, I LOVE floggers. If I had to nominate anything for all time favourite implement it would without doubt be my flogger. Yum.) Anyway, it was pretty clear after that 15 minutes that I was done for the evening. We spent the next hour chatting about the world, kink, everything, which was lovely. I'm glad that I have friends that I can have fun with but also have intelligent conversation with, because, much as I love spanking, conversation makes the world go round.
I'm worried though. Work is not likely to get any less insane before June, which is when the project I'm running is due to finish. Does that mean I'm going to be tired, ratty, stressed, and have no tolerance up until June?! I hope not. I can only cope with the first three if I can have a damn good spanking every once in a while to help me let some of that stress out!

3 comments:

Kami Robertson said...

Tolerance does go down if we are tired. But adrenaline etc. should compensate for that. Don't declare yourself vanilla yet - I'm sure it will all come quicker than you thing - before the June!
And you will be able to enjoy your 'damn good spanking every once in a while to help you let some of that stress out' ;)

Winchester said...

Sory to hear that you are so stressed - and glad to know that you have friends who understand. And I am sure you are nowhere near outing yourself as vanilla - but Kami is probably right - and it may be that a spanking that seems beyond the tolerance level is just what is needed to see you through the project!

Take care of yourself!

Indy said...

When I'm tired and stressed, it takes me a really long time to get warmed up. A long warm-up spanking followed by a break for dinner or something before the harder play begins works pretty well. I guess it gives the endorphins a bit more time to kick in...

Good luck with your project!