Monday 2 February 2009

Stupid Snow

The south-east of England has had the worst snow today for 18 years. Which has rejoiced the hearts of many people. Pretty much every child in the land had the day off school today. (Hey, this only happens once every two decades, we are rubbish at coping with it!) Millions of people stayed home from work, or "worked from home", and thousands of kinky and non-kinky couples rejoiced in a day spent in each others company, getting up to naughty things. (I imagine. They may have been working, but seriously, why would you?!)

Except me. I'm just sulking. I had tentatively arranged to meet up with a friend for a bit of spanky fun. But of course it SNOWED. And the snow that meant I couldn't safely leave the house meant that he couldn't safely get here either. So I'm unspanked and unamused.



To all of those of you out there who had a snow day and get to spend it having some hanky-spanky fun, I hate you, just a little bit ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. So that means, it was the worst snow of my entire life??? Cooool.

The snow stranded me in London :-( And made me miss a fun lecture and a meeting about the California trip :-( But it did mean I had to be rescued by Abel and spend another 24 hours in his clutches. Oh, the hardship, the hardship...

Please don't hate me, though. It did also mean that my journey home took me over 4 hours this morning. Rubbishness.

K said...

Ewww, that sucks. Snow days here are only slightly better. Hubby goes to work anyway, which means I worry until he's safely home again, but the kids get to stay home and play. Nothing kinky about a snow day, but it's fun anyway. Hope you get another opportunity soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Lots of Snow here...

...and, NO Spanking!

(Must be an epidemic. What.)

x~adam.

Jay Walker said...

Elaine I too had no spanky fun yesterday or today.
I had lots of hard work, and some fun but as I was watching the happy people (and kids) sled down the hill I could'nt help but wonder if I will ever do that with a spanky partner. Throwing snowballs at his back and running away. Pushing him, a bit to hard, on his sled down the hill. All to earn a spanking you understand.
Sigh... now I'm even more depressed.
Hugs, Jay.
PS thanks for the link.

Winchester said...

In central souhern England we had the disruption without much benefit. Not enough snow to do much with but enough to make everything wet and sludgey and very slippery underfoot. Still, I reckon we must be a bit wimpy as a nation for a little snow to bring everything to a halt - probably much due to the "health and safety" industry and "compensation culture".

Still, to see the snow when pristine must bring joy to almost everyone's heart!

Sorry you missed out on your spanking - you could have given yourfdself a few whacks if you were missing it that much.

Jean said...

aw, hugs, sorry you missed having fun