Sunday 22 February 2009

Desert Island Punishments

I had the misfortune to stumble across the rather dire UK TV show "Shipwrecked" as I was channel hopping the other day. The format is that a group of supremely annoying twenty-somethings are dumped on two desert islands, and the two island "tribes" compete to eventually win some money, or be famous, or something. I'm fuzzy on the details. Anyway, the teams have to build all their shelters and so on, and I just happened to turn on just when two of the annoying people, who seemed to be in charge that week, said the following.

"We need some more things building, and the worst builder will be punished. And it will be a severe punishment." Oooo err :-)

I wonder what a severe punishment might consist of? I would imagine desert islands are full of possibilities - there must be lots of foliage that can be used. If you've got rope you could tie the punishee to a handy tree. You can probably have a fair degree of privacy, given that you are on a desert island... All in all it sounds like it could be fun.

Now all I need to figure out is who I want to be shipwrecked with. Oh, and how I manage to get myself shipwrecked on an island with a nice bathroom, decent food, no bugs, a nice comfy bed to sleep in, a large library and a place to charge my ipod.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never seen the show, but it sounds just like Survivor her in the US. No spanking on that show either, probably because if they ever started... there would be no stopping... and there would be an hour long spanking show on TV. Would love to see the ratings THAT would get!

:)
Todd & Suzy

PK said...

Eliane,
If you don't mind the island being fairly large and not too deserted couldn't you just consider yourself already there? But you are right, it does seem like a lot of fun and a lot of possibilities!!

Hugs,
PK

Winchester said...

Someone else played this game - NO you can't have all those luxuries, but you CAN choose the 10 spanking films you wuld like to have (instead of records of course) - and perhaps your luxury could be the spanker with the cmfiest lap you know....

And yes - his island (my part anyway)_is somewhat overpopulated!