Sunday 23 November 2008

Spanking, Spanking Everywhere

I've not had much opportunity to watch TV, listen to the radio, or really do anything much at all recently. So why is that I am still finding spanking everywhere? I had the TV on for about ten minutes the other day. It so happened that I turned on to an episode of Will and Grace, where an old guy was trying to get Grace to spank him (and he succeeded). Driving home a couple of days later I had Radio Four on, listening to the "Book at Bedtime" slot, I happened to have tuned in to the adaptation of "A Kestrel for A Knave", the novel that the film Kes was based on. I caught one episode in the week. And only the last 5 minutes of it. That was the only five minutes in the entire story that had a caning in it! That's a pretty impressive achievement on my part, I feel!
The culmination was this weekend when in acting class we were doing the scene from The Crucible where Proctor threatens his maid Mary Warren with a whip, followed by dinner at a Greek restaurant where I, um, misread, Spanakopita... but wouldn't it be cool if restaurants served spanking?!

4 comments:

Winchester said...

where did my last comment go?

Eliane said...

I don't know - what was your last comment?!

Anonymous said...

Yes it's really strange how this kind of thing happens. I have experienced it occasionally - something that I happen to have become very interested in suddenly seeming to be all over the place when I hadn't noticed it much before. Not spanking, though in my case.

Winchester said...

It was to the effect that your finding spanking eferences everywhere seemed to be a random chance, except the last - which must have been Freudian - finding a spanking refererence in spinnach pie.

As to restaurants serving spankings - would they be in public? And delivered by the waiter on the spot - or would you have to wait for the Chef to come and deliver with his set of spatulas and wooden spoons.....?

The last point was simply good luck for Monday - we will be thinking of you ( and wondering whether you will in due course post about how it went.