Monday 17 August 2009

The Hair Metaphor, Extended

A while ago, I wrote about my hair, and how it used to be dead straight, but had developed a kink over the past few years.
Sitting on the flight over to Dublin, I realised that I could extend the metaphor. The curl/wave/kink in my hair is a fragile thing. Do the wrong thing and I can lose it. For instance, sitting in my seat on the plane, I realised the back of my hair was caught behind me, and I was trapping it, hard, between my back and the seat. This would have resulted, fairly quickly, in the kink being pulled out of it.
Maybe this is what I've been doing over the past few months? I've been pulling too hard on my new-found kink and it's a bit more delicate than I realise? Maybe I need to slow down a bit, stop pulling quite so hard and let my kink bounce back once in a while?

Oh, sorry, by the way, if you're waiting to hear about Nimhneach. I'm sure I'll get round to writing about it sometime soon ;-)

4 comments:

ronnie said...

LOl, I was. Hope you had a good time.

Ronnie
xx

Master Retep said...

From where I was standing, I'd say there's no risk of the kinks being permanently pulled out of your hair. They're growing back in quite nicely, thank you.

Dom Tom said...

I am looking at this situation from the opposite side--I am trying to put some kink in my wife's hair. If I put to much kink in there too quickly, maybe I will fry her...

EmmaJane said...

You are obsessesd with you HAIR!