Tuesday 16 December 2008

Bring Back The Birch

I was clearing up yesterday (trying to locate the hairbrush of doom, so Smudge will stop nagging me!), and I picked up the gardening section from the Saturday paper a couple of weeks ago. Possessing no garden, and no interest in gardening, I was about to "file" the paper in the recycling bin, when the headline below the fold caught my eye:
"Bring Back The Birch"
Huh? Say what? Slightly closer examination of the article (the first time I've EVER read the gardening section) revealed that they were, of course, talking about birch trees, and how beautiful they were in winter.
What a shame ;-)

4 comments:

Paul said...

Eliane, a well birched bottom is beautiful also.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Winchester said...

May be beautiful to the eye of the beholder - but not to the sensibility of the owner of said bottom!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eliane:
I still have my doubts about your sending that hairbrush out of your house. I know it's nice to share, but it mite not be so safe for your behind to be doing so. Bring Back The Birch...mite be translated to don't send it away.
Best of luck with your decision.
Andrades

sixofthebest said...

Elaine. A good birching on a naughty woman's bare bottom has always brought beautiful music to my ears. Yes those painful twigs of wood, descending painfully on your bare bottom would be just perfect.