Saturday 20 December 2008

In A Grump

I'm feeling a little bit better, thank goodness. Unfortunately I've reached that stage where I'm well enough to not be lying around on the sofa dozing, but not well enough to really actually be doing anything. So I'm bored and very, very grumpy. I have 60 odd TV channels, but there's nothing decent on an of them. My concentration levels are really not up to watching a DVD yet. I could decorate the tree, or finish wrapping the presents, but really, bleugh.
So I sit here, in a grump, swapping between surfing, doing sudoku, and making my chest play amusing wheezing tunes. Oh the fun.
Luckily there is nobody around for me to be in a grump with. I'm not very good at being sick around other people. I either end up bursting into tears lots or being in a foul temper, so I'm generally much better off left to suffer alone!
On which note, I will go back to sitting in front of the TV, flicking through my plethora of rubbish TV channels, and generally being mad at the world.
Have a good day, everyone :-D

Update: It's Saturday evening. I did decorate the tree in the end, so now it's looking pretty and festive, complete with my Spank Me baubles (courtesy of Smudge) and candy canes. And I'm curled up on the sofa watching the Muppet Christmas Carol, so things are considerably more right with my world. I still feel quite rubbish, but the Muppet Christmas Carol can help an awful lot with raising ones spirits!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Poor you. I hope you feel properly better soon :-(

Hugs!

(WOW. My word verification spells my name!)

K said...

Ewww, you sound as cheerful as me when I'm sick. Hope you feel better real soon. :)

Irelynn said...

Okay, I know I shouldn't be amused and everything, but I sort of am. You sound like someone I'd love to be around when you're ill. I love sulky people who momentarily hate the world! It's what I do when I'm in a bad mood. :D

Oh, and if you really don't have anything else to do, you could always ponder the mysteries of the universe. I spent a whole hour last night (say, around 3am) wondering if there is life on another planet somewhere. I think that might be because I'd been reading "A Shite History Of Nearly Everything" before then...

(My word verification is making me spell "crace". Do you think it's trying to tell me I'm crazy? Maybe it's just trying to use phonetics rather than the actual letters, cause it might be dyslexic.)

Anonymous said...

Hugs, and hope u feel much better soon.

Jean

Brambleberry Blush said...

Hi Eliane~

It sounds like you are on the mend and might even feel up to being cheerful by the time Christmas gets here.

cheers!
Carly

Winchester said...

Sorry you are not well - but having an excuse to watch the delightful Muppets Christmas Carol must be a bonus: quite a tonic in itself.

Get well soona and have a Happy Christmas.