Monday 8 September 2008

RIP Mr Badger

I think I may have killed a badger on the way home this evening. I went over something with a loud bump on a very, very dark country road. When I eventually found somewhere to turn round and go back and look (just in case, you know, it had been someone, rather than something), there was a badger in the middle of the road. Of course, I may not have killed it, but as I'm pretty sure it was my left wheel that had the impact, and by the time I drove passed and turned round to face home again, said badger was on my right hand side. So yup, I think it might have been me. Sorry Mr Badger. I feel really bad, if it's any consolation.

2 comments:

MacGirl said...

I illed a badger 3 weeks afterpassing my driving test and it completely smashed my foglight (which was 3 years ago and I still haven't got it fixed :s ). They can be really dangerous so it's good that you didn't get in an accident!

MacGirl

Anonymous said...

I felt like that when I killed a barn owl one night that landed right in the middle of the road in front of me. Death - so universal, yet so hard to accept.