Tuesday 30 September 2008

Guys look away now

This is a question for the girls.
Does your menstrual cycle affect how much pain you can take? Ever since my disastrous encounter with
the hairbrush of doom, I've been wondering quite why it was so damnably awful. I have read in a few places that a woman's pain threshold varies during her menstrual cycle, but I've not really been spanked enough yet to be able to draw any correlations as far as my own reactions are concerned. So I'm asking the more experienced of you out there. Do you have days where you just can't take the pain? And if so, have you ever looked at when those days are in relation to your menstrual cycle? I would really like to get a handle on this so I know that at least if I am having a particularly bad time, there might be another reason apart from the fact that I am, fundamentally, a wimp!

7 comments:

Chromia said...

Anything regarding breasts, yes probably. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.. I've never noticed anything like that. The day's events do have an effect on how well I handle a spanking though. :p

PK said...

LOL! Can't help you a bit. I love being old! Do you know I didn't get up the nerve to come out to Nick until I was starting into menopause. Is that pathetic? But since we have started this wonderful adventure we haven't had to take a break because it was 'that time of the month'.

Anonymous said...

Again, psychic-ness! Irelynn and I have been having this exact discussion repeatedly for the past few days! Among other things, too, like if you don't get the chance to be spanked that often, what a crappy waste when the occasion finally arises and all you feel like doing is curling up in a ball to die.

So I can't really be helpful, but I am glad you made this post, because I can't say I was particularly relishing the thought of making it myself and now I don't have to :D

Em said...

I've certainly noticed that my pain threshold changes from time to time but I honestly have no idea if it is at all in relation to menstruation.

I have noticed that it does seem to be strongly tied to my state of mind.

Serenity Everton said...

I am *completely* unable to take a spanking during menstruation and usually am really tender about it for a few days after. I don't know why this isn't a more common experience, but I find that my pain tolerance definitely changes based on time of month.

So does Chris. That's how noticeable it is.

sparkle

Alyx said...

Sorry to comment on a subject way past the time of discussion, but I just wanted to say you're not imagining things. A woman's pain threshhold IS frequently affected by her menstrual cycle: i.e., one is more sensitive to pain during one's period.

This was (oddly enough) explained to me at my dentist's office, where they obviously have to deal with inflicting pain (and not in a good way *boom* *boom*) quite a bit. They even routinely ask women about their periods for this reason, and I find myself having to remind myself, "Okay, he IS a doctor, after all" to keep from feeling horribly embarrassed about sharing such personal information!

Eliane said...

Alyx, thanks for the comment - it's always good to know I'm not going completely insane!
And ooo, that does not sound like fun sharing your menstrual cycle with the dentist!!