Wednesday 17 September 2008

Wait, wasn't spanking supposed to HELP with this?!

This being PMS. Yes, to any men out there, feel free to go find another post to read. Seriously, though, a good spanking will often spank the PMS right out of my system. Not tonight though, it seemed to flick my switch to on and then keep it stuck there. A hard spanking, a few tears, it all should make for a much calmer me. Instead, I head of out to a group event and can feel that horrible, tense, annoyed feeling welling up inside me. An hour into the meeting and I was about ready to do horrible, torturous things to 75% of the other people there. Some of them were being genuinely annoying, it has to be said (well, in my not so humble opinion they were), but some of them were incurring my mental wrath just for breathing wrong. Then on the way home I mentally bawled out pretty much every single car on the road, nearly threw my current favourite 'sing along in the car CD' out of the window just because their voices were annoying me (understand this is the CD I put on every single day for at least 10 minutes on the drive to work), shouted at several traffic lights when the did not change quickly enough, and generally was in the foulest temper ever.
None of which is necessarily unusual when I have PMS, but the point being that tonight's spanking was, amongst other things, supposed to help, not make it ten times worse so I'm at the point where I now want to fight with my shadow ;-)
Right, off to do some deep breathing, and then when that doesn't work, kick some car tyres till I feel less annoyed!
(Oh, and to anyone who dares suggest it, NO I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER SPANKING!!)

;-)

4 comments:

PK said...

Maybe you would feel better if you could give the spanking. You could start with some of the people at the meeting or some of the drivers.

Hope you feel better soon.

PK

Brambleberry Blush said...

It's one of those things--I'm there myself right now. IT PASSES! Lay low, do the bare minimum and take care of yourself.

PS. Discovered your blog through A.S.S. Read the whole thing and enjoyed it very much. That should make you feel better!

Serenity Everton said...

It's one of the mysteries of life, I think. For some women, spankings (or sex, depends on your kink) do reduce PMS symptons. But for others (including me) spankings, sex, and sometimes even cuddling can be counterproductive, especially if there is any overtone like "this is for your own good" or "because you're being difficult."

I still can't predict it. The PMS or my reaction to it.

Em said...

I have days like that, though they're generally related to my stress level not PMS. I consider it like being an overtired child who can't fall asleep even though it's what they really need. When I'm on the cusp of being over-stressed a spanking is the best cure; but once I cross that invisible line into totally stressed I just can't give in and let it work its magic. I end up fighting it instead and just getting more stressed.

Sometimes I find that a very gently hand spanking is the answer, more massage than anything else.

Good luck & feel better!