I've been tagged by various people to do that seven things meme that's floating around. I don't usually do meme things, but it's Sunday morning, I really should be working, and I'd really rather not be, so I'll do this instead for a while.
I'm not one for following the rules if I can't be bothered, and there was a whole lot of blah at the top of this one, but the upshot of it was that you should write seven random things about yourself. And then tag some other people, but as everyone else has done it, I won't bother with that bit.
So, seven random things about me:
1) Whilst I am conceptually worried about global warming and flooding, on a personal level it doesn't worry me quite so much: I live on the second floor, half way up a hill, five miles from a major waterway. If I get flooded, the rest of you will have already drowned...
2) I was a Babe in the Wood in a local pantomime when I was four. They forgot to warn the children that the lights would be going off backstage, so they ended up with 30 screaming, frantic 4 year olds on their hands. Silly people.
3) This will completely give me away to anyone who is reading this and who knows me but doesn't know I'm kinky. On the other hand, what the hell are you doing reading a spanking blog if you are not kinky yourself?! Anyway, I'm scared of wrists, as in if I think about them on any level I turn slightly green and go a little faint. Yes, I know I *have* wrists. Don't remind me.
4) I'm dyslexic. I tend to use this as an excuse for poor spelling more than I should do, but when it comes to "proper" longhand writing, form filling and copying things down, it actually does have an impact. So don't ever make me do lines, okay?
5) I'm making up for lost time now, because I was stupidly good at school. I got kept in once at break when I was 10. I was so upset, I never did anything that would get me into trouble ever again.
6) Oh, apart from getting my mother to shout at my history teacher, who had lost my history exercise book and then accused me of having lost it. She shouted, he apologised, I found it in the back of my wardrobe 3 weeks later and never told anyone. Whoops.
7) I pretty much always have itchy feet. In the metaphorical sense you understand... I try and go on a long (4 weeks plus) holiday every 3 or 4 years, and have been talking about taking a year's career break to travel for a while now. When I told one of my vanilla friends about the whole spanking thing, she was mostly just relieved that I wasn't announcing I was buggering off round the world for a year. Of course, one thing I will have to think about now if I do decide to take a year off is how I will cope for a year without being spanked. Or alternatively how I will find people to spank me all round the world ;-)
So there you have it, seven random things about me. I suppose I'd better do some work now.
19 hours ago