Friday 12 September 2008

Sigh...

I spend a lot of my time trying to prove to the world that I am a capable, responsible adult. Unfortunately, my true self occasionally shows me up in a most embarrassing way. This morning for instance, when, after a 45 minute drive, I arrive at my office only to realise that my laptop, a fairly, well no, completely essential piece of my work paraphernalia, is sitting contentedly at home in its laptop bag. So I have to turn right round and drive 45 minutes home again. Sigh... Shame it's not possible to spank the stupid out of someone...

3 comments:

Paul said...

Eliane, it's perfectly possible to improve the memory via spanking, it worked with my wife.
It is great to meet another Terry Pratchett loony online!!!
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Unknown said...

I have to say my ability to check I have everything has improved with the thought of a smacked bottom.. but equally, so has my ability to forgive myself for the many times I make mistakes... the slate wiped clean with a spanking, and a realisation that I demand incredibly high standards of myself, and the spanking often helps remind me that my biggest mistake is often that.. and being kinder to myself is needed.

Understanding your needs, and allowing yourself mistakes, that for me is being a very capable, responsible adult.

dg_uk
xx

Eliane said...

Paul, loony?! How dare you? I prefer mad, crazed fan, thank you very much ;-)
Elizabeth, thank you very much for your comments - you are so right.