Wednesday 5 August 2009

Birched On The Bus

This weekend I spent a day with friends in one of England's many touristy towns. Towards the end of the day we were tired and shopped and sightseed (it's a word!) out, and decided to take the double-decker open top sightseeing bus. Which is how I got birched.
The bus was barrelling along a road at about 30 miles an hour when it came up to a patch of low hanging trees. It didn't slow down, and though I ducked enough to avoid most of branches, a VERY low hanging weeping willow managed to catch me pretty hard on the shoulder and arm. It was very whippy, and left a mark dammit.
So that, ladies and gentleman, is how I got birched on the bus.
I hope you weren't expecting anything naughtier?!

6 comments:

Paul said...

Eliane, are you boasting or complaining. WEG
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Angie said...

Complaining, obviously. After all, if a girl is going to get a mark like that, it should at least be on the appropriate area....

Indy said...

Thanks for the laugh, Eliane. I needed it!

Julie said...

Aww. I sometimes get birched by bushes and trees as well when I ride through the forest on my bike - haven't got any marks yet, though.

Irelynn said...

I was once attacked by a tree while walking to my next class at uni. Only it chucked a big branch at my head, so it wasn't much of a birching. I hope you took revenge on those evil trees for injuring you? ;)

Master Retep said...

How about a naughty bus driver man song:

"The doms on the bus go whip, whip, whip..."
"The subs on the bus go wail, wail, wail..."
Etc.