Thursday 27 August 2009

A Welcome Return

I was sitting at my desk at work this week, actually *doing* some work. The two are not always guaranteed to be happening at the same time, you realise. Anyway, there I was, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I was overwhelmed by this burning desire to be spanked. Right there, right then. I've not had that feeling for quite a few weeks now, and I was so happy to experience it that I ran off to the toilets to do a happy dance. In a cubicle, you understand. I don't want my colleagues to think that I'm completely insane. (Though in all fairness they already DO think that!)
Having that feeling return was a big step for me. For the first year or so of my spanking journey it was a constant friend. I wasn't thinking "I need to be spanked NOW" every minute of the day, but often I would get that gut-churning longing and desire three or four times a week. To go from that to nothing was hard. The longing can be frustrating and tiresome, especially when you have no play lined up, but for me it's a sign that everything is functioning as it should be, kink wise. When it's not there for a while, you can't necessarily put your finger on what is missing, but you know that something is off kilter in your life.
So having that sudden longing return last week was a great feeling. I was overjoyed. It would have been nice if it had stayed for more than a few minutes, mind you, or popped in to say hi again in the week since it came back, but I will be happy about any and all cravings I have at the moment, no matter how fleeting!

3 comments:

Master Retep said...

Told you it would come back.

Like a struggling fire, maybe only a few flickers at first, but be patient.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine, Congrats on the comfort of familiar kink. I read books (OK romance novels - but they're shaped like books so I count it!) that deal with hard core alpha hero who give me butterflies! Goodluck on future plans, KayLynn

Scarlett said...

Yay! What good timing your kink has... see you in 8 days!

xox