Sunday 12 April 2009

Ranting

Where did this need of mine come from? This kinkyness? To be honest, I really don't know, but what I do know is that I get fed up with people online who I chat with assuming that:
a) I must have been spanked as a child and that's what triggered it.
Nope, I wasn't.
b) I must have seen someone else being spanked as a child and that's what triggered it.
Again, nope.
c) I must have known people at school who received corporal punishment, and that's what did it.
For a third time NO!
What's so wrong with just being innately kinky?! Why do people feel such a need to relate it back to childhood experiences? It drives me mad.
Anyway, rant over.

2 comments:

Alyx said...

I do think kinkiness is innate, and I also think it's frequently tied to/influenced by childhood experiences. If you're not innately kinky, the childhood experiences will just be normal memories. If you are kinky, they will take on a special charge.

But like yourself, I don't understand the fascination with reliving them. I can see how my childhood experiences have influenced my preferences today, but I have no desire to think about them. Why would I when adult experiences are SO much more enjoyable and can be savored to the hilt!

PhilK said...

Totally agree, Eliane. I get very tired of the simplistic behavourist types who say, "Oh, if you were spanked as a child that means you'll want to be spanked [read, abused] as an adult." There are way too many exceptions in both directions (those who were, and don't; those who weren't and do) for that theory to hold any water.

Like Alyx, I think a taste for spanking, or being spanked, is something that's hard-wired into us from birth. My girlfriend Maggie was never spanked by her parents, or at school; but from age 6 or 7 she tells me she was happily playing spanky games with her playmates. (There was a little boy called Robert whom she still remembers with affection as her first spanker; wonder where he is now?) But you're right, Alyx - it's even more fun once you're grown-up!