Tuesday 13 January 2009

I'm Bored

My default positions in life are "nice" and "good". I don't generally do things I'm not supposed to do, never have done in fact. I am blessed, or possibly cursed, with the ability to see pretty much any issue from both sides. I would have thought this would have been a common trait, but it amazes me how many of my friends and colleagues don't seem to be able to do this. The result of this is that I actually find it quite difficult to have mean or nasty thoughts about people, as, if I pause for more than a few seconds to think about it, I can probably at least have a stab at understanding why they are feeling or acting like they are. And it DRIVES ME MAD.

I'm sick of being nice, sick of being good, sick of being able to justify everyone's points of view and behaviour, sick of being sensible. I just, for one day, want to go crazy, be the naughty girl, in fact be the BAD girl, be mean about people without feeling guilty about it, go out and get horribly drunk without thinking after two drinks that it's a bad idea. I want to be rude and cheeky and stick my tongue out at people: and if I don't do it soon, I think I might just explode.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd offer you this weekend as a fantastic opportunity, but seeing as I'm not going back in a bar, like, ever... we could get some alcohol in and get drunk in the flat though, if you're that desperate ;-)

You can totally be rude and cheeky and stick your tongue out, though. And bitch about people. And we're totally breaking the rules going to that uniform shop, right?

So there's really no need to explode. At least, not before this weekend, because me and Irelynn would be dreadfully upset if our plans got ruined!

Paul said...

Eliane, do you need lessons in bratting.
Pop over to http://jflamesjourney.blogspot.com/
I'm sure that Jay will happily give you how to lessons in bratting, her rates are very reasonable and she is a past master. Chuckles.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Indy said...

Not to worry, Eliane. Practice makes perfect. Have a couple drinks, and make a few snide comments, get it out of your system. You can still go back to being understanding the next morning.

I'm quite relieved to learn that you have a weekend with Smudge and Irelynn. No doubt one of them will be able to help-- if she tries *really* hard, and out of friendship, of course.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eliane:
I'm wondering (and please correct me if I'm wrong) if you might end up feeling guilty being rude or cheeky only because its just not really in your nature to do so. Maybe you just need to do something wild and fun? Only a suggestion.
Take care,
Andrades Girl

K said...

I can totally relate. Add in 'responsible' and you could be talking about me, even as a teenager. I did explode and ended up getting married to the wrong guy and starting a family at 18. Nowadays, when I get bored and restless, I do something wild and crazy... and relatively safe. Mostly I cut my hair or dye it red or invite Hubby to do naughty things to me. :)

OliviaManners said...

Um...hello.....
Now I know more clearly that you feel that way we shall find plenty of opportunities to address this.

And ...chocolate, yes please. Cheese too. :-)

Olivia
x

Winchester said...

The touble is that when you have done all these naughty things you will feel in need of a spanking.....