Sunday 13 September 2009

House Related Thoughts

Thank you all for your questions the other day. What I forgot when I asked them was that not only would I need a decent internet connection, I would also need some time to think about my answers! So in lieu of question answers, for now her are some thoughts that have occurred to me over the past week or so, whilst dealing with house stuff.

My mother, helping me clean, pulls a slipper from down the side of the sofa: "What on earth is this doing here?!" An easy enough question to answer, but not when it's your mother asking!

Rearranging the lounge furniture (again with my mother helping), I realised that her main aims were to arrange it so that there was a lot of space, and people could see the TV, etc. Mine main (unvoiced) concern was "Is this kink friendly". (I.e. are there enough locations for a girl to be bent over and thrashed!) I'm still not sure of the answer. I'll need to test drive. Any volunteers?

I need a new bed. I've had mine for 15 years. It's time for a change. However, I like my current bed. It is a pine bed, and has a head and foot that have vertical pine bars (there must be "proper" words to describe it, but I can't think of them.) It's, um, useful. For stuff. My mother thinks I should get one of those icky beds with storage underneath and a velour headboard. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. Apart from being visually unappealing (to me at any rate!), there are certain practical and functional aspects missing. After all, you can't tie a girl to a velour headboard, can you?! How to explain that to my mother though? Of course, at the end of the day, it's my money, so I'll buy what I damn well like, but it's hard to explain why you are quite so adamantly opposed to something when you can't give the real reason.

4 comments:

Graham said...

It's amazing how kink shapes the way you see the world, isn't it?

And yes, I volunteer to test your furniture's bend-over-ability!

Master Retep said...

I know she is your mother, but you're an adult and its your house. Regard her suggestions as just some of the range of helpful opinions voiced by all sorts of friends and relations - and then do it your bloody way. You can be a Submissive without being submissive.

And with that wierd foresight of the Captchka generator, this one is "nopes".

Alyx said...

*g* It is tough, isn't it? What we need are ready-made vanilla excuses for every occasion. Surely some kinky person with time on his/her hands can write a book like that! I bet it would have an audience.

Regarding the bed, can't you just get a new mattress and/or box spring??? Is the frame connected as one whole piece?? This may be one of those Brit/Yank things where I assume the furniture's the same but it's not!

Anonymous said...

I know when my mom comes over kinda unannounced... I wonder if anything is out that will cause her to ask questions that I had rather not have to answer. Kink is fun...don't you think...lol.

Lady