Monday 14 September 2009

Responsibility

I sit here, eating my breakfast, getting ready for the day ahead. My mind should be focussed on my job and my tasks for the day, on what I need to accomplish. But it's not. Instead it flits all over the place, obsessed with spanking today in a needy and visceral way. It also wants to write, to capture feelings on paper. I can sense the beginnings of stories, darting about at the corners of my mind, just out of reach. Words and phrases that I know would become something bigger if I let them. If I captured them, and put them down on paper, they would unravel themselves to become more.
In a few minutes I will get up and go to work, and act like the responsible person that I am, but a little part of me will be dying inside, longing to be back curled up on the sofa, letting my thoughts fly free and seeing what becomes of them.
Responsibility sucks.

3 comments:

Graham said...

doesn't it though?!

Paul said...

Eliane, while I agree entirely, think how good it feels when you can let go.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

You are preaching to the choir my dear!! I stay home and am constantly taunted with the laptop in view. I always have characters talking in my head. My distractibility potential is 100%!! Try using a small notebook that looks official ;)